- They don't make you feel guilty for not running one day.
- They force you to meet new people.
- They don't mind your endless venting.
- They don't give bad advice.
- They are always happy to go with you.
- They let you set the pace.
- They are happy if you walk or run no matter how fast or how slow.
- They help you up the really tough hills.
- They don't make you feel like an old lady.
- They never show up in the same running clothes as you.
- They never complain about your smell.
- They don't mind the weather.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Since our move Georgia has been my running/walking partner. I was a little nervous at first because she is such a strong willed and curious girl and the change of seasons only make her more curious, but I know so few people that I decided to give it a try. She has proven to be a challenge some days, but most of the time I love our outings together. It is so very beautiful here and the crisp air, rain or shine, is wonderful. The people are very friendly and everyone we meet comments on what a beautiful and well behaved dog Georgia is and most ask if we will stop so they can pet her, shocking I know, but true. During a morning run I thought of just a few of the many reasons I love to be out with my big dog and I thought I would share a few.