Thursday, January 31, 2008

Elder Kyle Porterfield

I wanted to share pictures of Kyle to catch everyone up  on how he's doing. Some of these are from July when Elder Porterfield first got to Pennsylvania. I would have gotten them on the blog sooner, but I'm still trying to figure out this blog stuff.
 
These first pictures were all taken in his first area of Erie, PA. His area went all the way east to the New York boarder. 


He left Erie just before Thanksgivings and moved to the Greater Pittsburgh area. He loves being in Pennsylvania, the people, the seasons, but mostly the teaching and missionary work. 
He has just been transfered and is now with a brand new missionary, fresh from the MTC. He is closer to downtown Pittsburgh than he was in his last area. He and his companion are on foot and learning to use the public transportation, something somewhat new for Kyle. 

They are in a brand new area that hasn't had missionaries assigned there yet. Elder Porterfield says he is living a dream, to be able to open a new area. 
I'm not suppose to brag, but I can't help it. Kyle is a great missionary. I'm his mom, I should know.  He has wanted to serve a mission since he was a little boy and he expresses his joy and love for his mission in every letter we get from him. Thank you to all who support him in letters and prayers. If you need his new address let me know.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I agree with your comments!