Thursday, January 15, 2009

Christmas 2008

The holidays were a heavenly blur this year. In mid Dec Kaira, Tyler and the boys came into town and stayed through Christmas and all but Tyler were here until after New Year. As soon as their plane landed we were off and running, I mean it felt like we were running. I am not as young as I use to be.

There was Kloe's choir performance, neighborhood caroling, shopping, baking and exploring to be done.

We had our normal Christmas Eve with one exception, we added Tyler's Family tradition of going out to breakfast. I really like that one and I hope we keep it, Thank you, Thompsons!

We all enjoyed Christmas morning and being together. It was a little too exciting for Henry, who needed a nap half way through opening presents.

This was our 2nd Christmas with Kyle serving his mission in the Pennsylvania Pittsburgh mission for our church. We missed him, but we know his is where the Lord wants him and we look forward to having him back with us in June.

We had a wonderful time with the grandbabies here and we wish they lived closer.

4 comments:

Marnie said...

looks like you had a great time. I think next year we will go to breakfast too. tell me what is going on in the encinitas gossip. hope you are not too lonely.

Baxter's said...

Miss you! I felt like we have been "running" since Christmas too. :-) Seriously. I am either not as young as I used to be...or just really pregnant, or something. :-)

Jessica F said...

Hope you guys had some fun Holidays! Great pictures by the way! :)

Fern said...

Two things:
1st, I HATE that first picture of me, in case anyone saw it and thought otherwise. Really, top ten wost of me. BUT, everyone else looks great.
2nd, I love how Dad is standing in the nativity picture without a costume. One of these things is not like the other...(He was the narrator).