Sunday, March 1, 2009

You Gotta have Friends

I had no idea that when I met Kim it was a package deal. Not only was I getting the best looking, most thoughtful and fun to be with guy, I was also getting his amazing friends, like it or not. They have been there since our first date, at our wedding, helped us move into our first apartment, when our children were born, holidays, when we were living away from family, graduations, all types of celebrations and when things weren't going right. They have always been true friends. They put up with all the wives and everything that goes with us, even gone along to family gatherings. They have asked very little of me in return for this friendship, just cookies and time with my husband. The guys gave us a cookie jar when Kim and I were married  with a note letting me know as the wife I was to always keep the jar full for when the guys came over. The rest of the world can thank them for that tradition in our home. It is a rare event when there aren't cookies in the jar.
12
345
678
1. Rob and Kim at our wedding reception 2. Jim at high school graduation 3. Curtis and Rob at our wedding luncheon 4. Rob holding our first baby minuets after she was born 5. Jim and Kim dying Easter eggs with our oldest 2 girls 6. Rob at a gathering 7. Sam and Carol at Kim's 30th b-day party 8. Curtis and Rob during their missions to Bolivia

It has been 30 years since I first met this wonderful group of friends. In those 30 years, never has their friendship wavered, no matter the distance of miles or length of time. Recently, we enjoyed an evening together, afterwards as I thought about how enjoyable the night had been, I got all teary eyed. I would love to blame it  on my age and menopause, but the truth is, I love these people and am more grateful for them and their friendship than words can say. 

3 comments:

Baxter's said...

Friends are the best...and thanks for keeping it clean on my blog. :-) We are doing that...and I may wear this man of mine out cause I want this to be done with!

Fern said...

I wish the top pictures weren't so tiny. That's funny (and a little weird) that Jim came over w/ no kids, to dye eggs w/ his friends 2 little girls...

Marnie said...

lucky. I wish we had a few friends like that. Maybe it is me. oh well.