Thursday, December 20, 2007

Merry Christmas

I have been doing my own survey. I recently listened to a local talk radio show where the topic of discussion was saying "Merry Christmas" as opposed to "Happy Holiday".  I hadn't really thought of it, and must admit, I quiet often say "Happy Holiday" instead of "Merry Christmas".  The main point was, we have taken too much of Christ out of our lives and saying "Happy Holidays" instead "Merry Christmas" is just another subtle way. I now say "Merry Christmas" to everyone. The responses have been interesting. Some smile, look you in the eye and say "Merry Christmas" back. Others maybe smile but don't say anything. The most interesting to me are those that look confused. I want to stop my busy life and talk for a few minuets with those people. It's as though they have forgotten what life is about and they want to be reminded. I think of my son Kyle at those moments. He is serving on a two year mission for our church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, in the Pennsylvania Pittsburgh area finding and teaching those who are looking for answers. 
So, Merry Christmas from the Porterfield family! May we all remember the joy our Savior, Jesus Christ, has brought to this world.

No comments: